sunnuntai 24. maaliskuuta 2013

I´ll always take my time trying to work up the disguise



It´s been a long time
since I met you
But you´re always coming back
so it´s hard to get over
though I´ll always get on through

It´s hard to understand
that you were a boy
now you are a man
Big cities weeping
trying to hold on to
your father's name
and your mother's land
But you´ll get by
Take my word and then
take my hand


You don´t need to know the truth


I really think I know what you´re saying
I mean I really do
feel like I´m inside of you
Your words in my mouth
and the other way around
Resuscitation
So don´t take me for a fool
I may be alone but
I´ll never get lonely
with this set in my head
with words that I´ve been fed


You don´t need to know the truth


So, "hey, what I can help you with"
is the closest thing to a real conversation
That way I´ll get some more than just
helping you out with a cheap salvation
Nobody knows that everybody knows
They just keep quiet, hush,
waiting for the riot
You´re not listening to what I say
You´ll nod and think I don´t know
your kind and your way
I´ll smile and hey,
everything´s okay
Hey


You don´t need to know the truth


Yeah there´s been time
it´s been passing just fine
Though years and weeks go by
Look at me now like I need to be looked by
you and your kind
And I´ll live by it´s power for a few days
I´ll dance and spin in that rusty cage
I´ll roll another day in that haze
Though I could just say

It´s hard to understand
that you were a boy
now you are a man
You live day by day
in a future that's never been planned
in my head soft as beach sand
Move on
Walk over me
though I will hold on
Do it before I
walk on


You don´t need to know the truth
how long it will take
or how many days
or what is the way
But there´s something I can tell you
I got those new boots
that I´ll dance all over you
stomp until you´re glued
march until you´re through
Loving me and my boots


You don´t need to know the truth






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti